Talking about MISS DIVA UNIVERSE, “Harnaaz Sandhu” just returned the Miss Universe crown after a 21-year. She has given India a significant victory. Many girls aspire to be the most beautiful girl not only on the planet but in the entire universe. However, only a handful can fulfill this dream.
Do you want to be “Miss Diva Universe”? Well, most of us are thinking about it or are already preparing and participating in a small beauty pageant.
But!! Have you ever wondered how many phases you had to go through to become Miss Universe? Here is all the information that you need.
Image credit: Global Beauties
Let’s have a look!
What Is The Miss Universe Contest?
Miss Universe is the world’s largest and second-oldest international beauty pageant, founded in June 1952 by Pacific Mills, a garment business located in California. The Miss Universe organization manages the beauty contest, which is now owned by WME/IMG.
Miss Universe campaigns for humanitarian causes and becomes a global voice for good change. Army Kusela was the first woman to be named Miss Universe, while Sushmita Sen was the first Indian woman to win the title. Harnaaz Sandhu of India has been crowned Miss Universe in 2021.
Miss Diva Universe: How To Apply?
Individuals who want to compete in the Miss Universe beauty contest must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- Miss Universe competitors must be between the ages of 17 and 27.
- Contestants must not be married, pregnant, or have a kid.
- Before the finale, candidates are assessed in many preliminary events, including a Talent round, a Beauty with a Purpose round, and a Head-to-Head battle.
- Because there is no talent round in this beauty pageant, contestants are assessed on three criteria: evening dresses, swimsuits, and personality interviews.
- The applicant must be the national competition winner.
- Candidates must have a valid passport to go overseas.
- Individuals who wish to compete in the prestigious Miss World competition must have no criminal record or legal issues.
How to Prepare for the Miss Universe Pageant?
- Both your clothes and your physique should be flawless.
- Attend modeling lessons to hone your skills.
- Apply skin-care items including sunscreen, cleansers that battle acne, and moisturizers to make your skin glow.
- Remove any unwanted body hair before the beauty contest. But avoid doing it just before the competition since it can cause irritation.
How Do You Pick The Correct Outfit?
- You must begin saving for your outfit, hair, and cosmetics, as well as entrance fees and travel costs.
- Purchase high-quality hair and cosmetics.
- Purchase an evening gown that both represents and matches your personality. Wear this evening gown with appropriate footwear. Avoid purchasing gowns online.
- Choose the appropriate color for the swimsuit round and combine it with the ideal 4-inch heel.
- Choose a skirt suit that compliments your skin tone for the initial interview round. Wear shoes with similar heels as well.
Some Behaving Tips:
- Behave appropriately at the Miss Universe event.
- Avoid using drugs or smoking.
- Stand up straight, shoulders back, and face ahead.
- Keep your cool and be respectful to everyone at the event.
- The most crucial thing is to maintain a constant smile.
- The pageant begins with a preliminary interview phase in which the participants are asked questions by the judges.
- Participants who win the initial round proceed to the semi-final stage. In this round, Candidates walk in swimwear, athletic wear, and evening dresses.
- The top six competitors move on to the finals based on their performance in the semi-final round.
- The candidates then move on to the final round, where they must respond to new questions.
- The top three candidates respond to one of these questions.
- The contestant chosen as the winner and crowned Miss Universe is based on who received the highest score.
- The first runner-up is the opponent with the second-highest score, while the second runner-up is the competitor with the third-highest score.
Quick Tips for Participating In Miss Universe Pageant:
- Make a strong first impression during the swimwear round.
- During the interview phase, project confidence.
- When competing in the evening gown contest, dress professionally.
- No matter what happens, never stop grinning.
This is it! We hope this guide clears all your doubts related to Miss Diva Universe. To know more about What it takes to win the Miss Diva crown? Click here to read!